In the sense of sustainable environmental protection, the principle today is to prioritize waste prevention, reduction, reuse or, if not possible, disposal.
In Austria, the Waste Depository Ordinance 2008, as amended, provides the legal basis for the disposal of waste. A basic characterization of each waste to be deposited must be carried out by an authorized specialist/person, who must be accredited as an inspection body in accordance with the Waste Depository Ordinance 2008, as amended, from 01.01.2020. Accreditation, in addition to legal requirements, ensures a structured and optimized working method through a comprehensive quality management system and ensures the traceability of all necessary activities. As a future-oriented company, we are always up to date with regard to legal requirements. The accreditation certificate and scope of accreditation of Umweltkonsulenten can be viewed below.
As an accredited inspection body, basic characterizations or conformity assessments in accordance with the Waste Depository Ordinance 2008, as amended, are carried out as part of inspection activities. The objects of inspection are the waste to be assessed, which are subject to a conformity assessment (or an assessment in accordance with the Waste Depository Ordinance) as part of the inspection.
The following activities are carried out:
- collection and evaluation of the required information in accordance with Section 4 of the Waste Depository Ordinance,
- preparation of a sampling plan,
- execution of the sampling, and
- assessments and conclusions.
These activities must be carried out by the same external authorized specialist or specialist body that is accredited as an inspection body. The analyses required for assignment to the different waste deposit classes are assigned to an accredited laboratory (testing body).
Depending on the type of waste generated, the Waste Depository Ordinance distinguishes between different investigation models. The following activities are among the accredited services of Umweltkonsulenten:
- Section 12 Waste Depository Ordinance: Basic characterizations of
– excavated material before excavation (in-situ) as well as after excavation (ex-situ)
– designated areas in accordance with ALSAG
– tunnel excavation material
– other waste generated once
– recurring waste
– waste streams
- Section 13 Waste Depository Ordinance: Basic characterizations without analytical investigations
- Section 15 Waste Depository Ordinance: Conformity assessments
Based on the solid foundation of years of experience, technical competence, complemented by sound legal understanding, as well as a quality management system optimized by accreditation as an inspection body, we are your competent partner for the disposal of waste.